besan ladoo recipe | besan laddu | besan ka ladoo with step by step photos – besan ladoo is a tasty indian dessert made with gram flour. It is one of the most popular sweet recipes which can be made during any festivals like Diwali.
besan ladoo video
besan ladoo is a very rich Indian sweet made out of roasted gram flour, ghee and sugar. This is a very easy to prepare sweet dish. The secret to this recipe is the proportion and the right amount of roasting the gram flour. The roasting part is very important. The flour is to be roasted under low medium flame till it attains golden brown colour. Otherwise the ladoos will give you a bitter taste if not roasted properly.
besan ladoo recipe
- besan or gram flour – 1 cup
- powdered sugar – 1/2 – 3/4 cup
- ghee – 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon
- cardamom powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- cashew nuts – few
- pistachios – to garnish
how to make besan ladoo recipe with step by step photos
1. Melt the ghee in a separate pan. Keep it aside.
2. Powder the sugar and keep it separately in a bowl.
1. In a pan add besan or gram flour and roast it in low flame until it leaves a nice aroma.
2. You have continuously stir it continuously so that it does not get burnt and until the raw smell goes off. When you do this you will find that the raw smell goes off and your house will be filled with nice aroma of roasted besan. The besan will turn golden brown in colour. Stir the besan continuously to avoid burning. This will take around 10 – 12 minutes.
3. Now add the ghee to this mixture and sauté it again for some more time. Turn off the stove.
3. Now add the powdered sugar and cardamom powder to the above mixture. If you want to use roasted cashew nuts, then roast them and add to this mixture. Combine everything well. Let it cool for some time.
5. Initially you will find that the ladoo will be moist but then after an hour or so it will be perfect.