besan burfi recipe with step by step photos. besan ki burfi is a tasty Indian dessert made with gram flour, ghee and sugar as the main ingredients.
besan burfi can be served simply as a dessert or can be prepared for a special occasion. I made these tasty Indian sweets on occasion of Raksha bandhan. Raksha bandhan is nearing and this besan ki burfi is a tasty and easy indian sweet recipe which can be made easily at home.
One thing to be noted while preparing besan burfi is the sugar syrup should be of one string consistency. Otherwise, the burfi will not set properly.
besan burfi recipe
preparation time: 10 mins
cooking time: 15 mins
recipe type: dessert
serves: 3 – 4
- besan or gram flour – 2 cups
- sooji or rava – 2 tablespoons
- pistachios – 10 – 1 2
- almonds – 10 – 12
- sugar – 1 cup
- water – 1/2 cup
- ghee – 1 cup + for greasing
how to make besan burfi recipe with step by step photos
1. Grease a tray with ghee and keep aside.
2. Heat ghee in a pan. Wait until it melts. Add besan or gram flour, sooji or semolina, and saute well on medium low flame until it starts releasing a nice aroma. This will take around 10 – 15 minutes.
3. Add finely chopped nuts, and mix well. Turn off the flame.
4. In another pan, add sugar and water. Bring it to a boil on medium high flame till the sugar melts completely. Once the sugar melts and the mixture starts boiling, reduce the flame to medium and cook until it reaches a one string consistency. Once the sugar syrup reaches one string consistency, turn off the flame.
5. Slowly pour the sugar syrup over the roasted besan. Keep stirring continuously so that there are no lumps. Keep on stirring vigorously until the mixture thickens and reaches the burfi consistency.
6. Immediately pour the mixture into a greased tray. Grease backside of a spoon or spatula with ghee and press well to get an even surface. Add slivered almonds and pistachios on top. Press gently with the back of a spatula.
7. Leave it to cool. When the burfi is still warm, cut into squares. Let it cool completely.
8. besan burfi is ready.
besan burfi or besan ki burfi recipe below
- 2 cups besan or gram flour
- 2 tablespoons sooji or rava or semolina
- 10 to 12 pistachios
- 10 to 12 almonds
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup ghee + for greasing
- Grease a tray, keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan.
- Add besan or gram flour, semolina or sooji and saute well on medium flame till it releases a nice aroma.
- Add finely chopped nuts, mix well. Turn off the flame.
- In another pan, add sugar and water. Make sugar syrup of one string consistency. Turn off the flame.
- Pour the sugar syrup over the besan mixture. Stir vigorously so that the mixture gets mixed well without lumps.
- When it reaches a burfi consistency, pour it into a greased tray.
- Allow it to cool, cut into pieces and serve.
- Besan burfi is ready.