besan atta rava ladoo – a tasty, healthy ladoo made with gram flour, whole wheat flour, and semolina mixed with sugar. This ladoo recipe is a tasty treat for all festivals.
This is a special ladoo recipe from North India and is very healthy as it uses healthy ingredients like whole wheat flour, gram flour, semolina, almonds, and ghee.
besan atta rava ladoo recipe
preparation time: 5 mins
cooking time: 50 mins
recipe type: dessert
cuisine: North Indian
serves: 20 pieces
- besan – 400gms
- whole wheat flour or atta – 200 gms
- rawa or suji – 100 gms
- sugar – 500 gms
- ghee – 400 gms
- cardamom or elaichi – 5
- almonds – 1/4 cup
how to make besan atta rava ladoo recipe
1.Add sugar, cardamom to a mixer jar and pulse it twice. You need to get a coarse powder. Transfer it to a bowl, keep aside.
2. Add almonds to a mixer jar and pulse it twice or thrice to get coarsely ground almonds.
3. Add besan to a thick bottomed pan or kadai and dry roast it in medium flame for a few minutes. This is the most important step in the whole process and this is the most time-consuming process too.
4. Meanwhile, melt ghee in another pan. After roasting the besan for 8 – 10 minutes, add the melted ghee to besan and keep stirring for 2 – 3 minutes.
5. Add atta or whole wheat flour, suji, and mix well. Roast until you get a strong aroma of besan. You will find that the besan turns dark brown in color.
6. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of water on this mixture. This will give a granule texture to the mixture. Let the flour cool down for some time.
7. Add powdered sugar, almonds, cardamom powder and mix well.
8. If the mixture is dry, add little more ghee and check if the mixture can hold shape.
9. Make ladoo when the mixture is warm. Allow it to cool and then store it in an air-tight container.
10. If the mixture is not thick, then keep it in the refrigerator for 15 – 20 minutes. Take the mixture out and make ladoos.
11. Delicious besan atta rava ladoo is ready to serve.