beetroot soft tart recipe
- refined flour or maida – 500 grams
- active dry yeast – 7 grams
- salt – 1 teaspoon
- sugar – 2 teaspoons
- milk powder – 2 tablespoons
- luke warm milk – 1 cup
- butter – 40 grams
- water – as required
- beetroot – 2, small
- carrot – 1, small
- onion – 1
- cabbage – 1/4 cup
- capsicum – 1
- salt – to taste
- red chili powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- pizza seasoning – 1 teaspoon
- tandoori mayo – 1 to 2 tablespoons
- mozzarella cheese – 1/4 cup
- oil – 1 teaspoon
- butter – 1 teaspoon
how to make beetroot soft tart recipe
1. Preheat oven at 180°C. Grease a tart mold with some butter and dust with some flour.
2. Take fresh yeast in a bowl. Add sugar and 1/2 cup of warm water, mix and set aside to activate.
3. Sieve flour in a bowl. Add salt, milk powder, and mix. Make a well in the center, add activated yeast and mix well.
4. Add some warm milk and water and knead into a soft dough. Dust some flour in another bowl and transfer the dough. Cover with cling film and prove for 30- 40 minutes.
5. Chop the veggies in small cubes.
6. Heat a pan add oil and butter, add the veggies saute for 2 min.
7. Add chilly powder, white pepper powder and pizza seasoning ( don’t add salt right now otherwise it will get soggy ) Remove from heat and cool.
8. Dust the worktop with some flour, transfer proven dough and knock back to release air. Put butter and knead into a soft dough. Dust some flour and knead again.
9. Dust the worktop with some flour, take a medium portion of dough and roll out to make a thick sheet. Line the greased tart mold with the sheet, covering the edges as well.
10. Apply tandoori mayo on the sheet. Now add salt to the stuffing and mix well.
11. Put the stuffing in lined tart mold and level it out, spread some cheese over it.
12. Dust the worktop with some flour and roll out the medium dough portion to make a thick sheet. Place the sheet on top of veggie mixture, covering it.
13. Discard the excess dough from the mold using a knife and lightly pinch edges to seal.
14. Set aside to prove for 30 minutes. Put the mold on a baking tray. Place the baking tray in preheated oven and bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven, brush some butter on top and cool.
15. De mold and transfer the tart bread onto a serving platter. beetroot soft tart is ready. Cut into wedges and serve.