beetroot halwa recipe with step by step photos. beetroot halwa is a tasty and easy to make dessert recipe with beetroot.
It is a perfect dessert for all indian festivals like Diwali, Dusshera, and other festivals. It can be made easily at home and is a best way to include beetroot in your daily diet. I have used sugar here, but it can be replaced with jaggery.
the method of preparing beetroot halwa is similar to gajar halwa. Many people prefer carrot halwa over beetroot halwa, but at home, we love both.
You might be interested in halwa recipes like sooji halwa, moong dal halwa, pista halwa, ashoka halwa and many others.
beetroot halwa recipe
preparation time: 10 minutes
cooking time: 30 minutes
recipe type: dessert
serves: 2 – 3
- beetroot – 1 cup, grated
- milk – 1 cup
- sugar – 1/2 cup
- ghee – 1/4 cup
- cardamom powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- cashew nuts – 10 – 12
- raisins – 10 – 12
how to make beetroot halwa recipe with step by step photos
1. Peel and grate beetroot. Keep aside.
2. Heat one tablespoon of ghee in a pan. Add cashew nuts and roast till they start changing color. Transfer it to another bowl. Keep aside. In the same pan, fry raisins, and fry till they puff up. Transfer it to another plate and keep aside.
3. To the remaining ghee, add grated beetroots, and saute them till the raw smell goes off completely. This will take about 6 to 7 minutes. Do not skip this step. It is very important to saute the beetroot.
4. Add milk, and cook on a medium-low flame. Stir in between to avoid sticking to the bottom of the pan. Cook till the milk gets absorbed completely.
5. Add sugar, cardamom powder, and mix well. Now the mixture will become gooey. But do not worry. Keep stirring in a low-medium flame till the mixture comes together and starts leaving the sides of the pan. Turn off the flame.
6. Add roasted cashew nuts, raisins, mix well. Serve beetroot halwa hot.