|channa dal||1/4 cup|
|toor dal||1/4 cup|
|moong dal||1/4 cup|
|urud dal||1 tablespoon|
|ginger (grated)||1 inch piece|
|fennel seeds||1 teaspoon|
|Coriander leaves (chopped)||1 tablespoon|
|Asafoetida powder / hing / kayam||1/4 teaspoon|
1. Soak barley for 4 – 5 hours.
2. Soak dals together for 2 – 3 hours.
3. Take barley, dals, green chilly, fennel and ginger in a mixer jar and grind it to form a coarse paste. Don’t add too much of water.
4. Mix enough water to get a pouring consistency. To this add chopped onion, curry leaves, coriander leaves and asafoetida powder and mix well. Check the salt at this stage.
5. Heat paniyaram pan, grease it with oil, pour batter into the holes when the pan is hot enough. Cook covered in medium flame. Flip and cook until all parts are evenly cooked. Drizzle oil when necessary.
6. Serve it with any chutney of your choice.
If you find this post useful, please share it with your friends in google+, facebook or twitter. All you have to do is click the corresponding button given below. Ths will keep me motivated.
Enjoy cooking and serving