MILK POWDER BURFI RECIPE
|milk powder||1 cup|
|sugar||1 1/4 cup|
|butter||1/2 – 3/4 cup|
|yellow food color||a pinch (optional)|
2. In a pan add butter. Add milk powder and saute for a 2 – 3 minutes in medium flame. Turn off the fire and transfer it to another plate.
3. In the same pan, add sugar and water, keep the gas in sim and let the sugar melt completely by stirring well. Once the entire sugar is dissolved, then let it boil in low flame (don’t stir) till it reaches one string consistency.
4. To this add the fried milk powder and mix well. (You can also add kesar milk at this stage if you want to make kesar milk powder burfi). Keep stirring continuously till the mixture slightly thickens and starts leaving the sides of the pan.
5. This is the right stage, take the mixture from the stove and pour it into the greased plate. Dip a spoon in ghee and flatten the mixture evenly and give the required shape or you can just spread it onto to a plate and then cut in desired shape. Garnish with chopped pistachios and press it well.
6. Leave it aside for some time to cool. (You can also cover it with a plastic wrap and keep in freezer till it is ready. ) Cut into desired shapes and serve.
If you find this post useful, I would be happy if you can share it with your friends in google+, facebook or twitter. All you have to do is click the corresponding button given below. This will keep me motivated.
Enjoy cooking and serving