banana lassi recipe – a tasty Indian summer drink made with curd or yogurt and banana.
lassi is a very popular yogurt based drink which originated in Punjab. It is a refreshing summer drink, but it can also be enjoyed after a spicy meal. There are two versions of lassi one is sweet and the other is the salted version. And among all these mango lassi is very famous.
The method of preparing banana lassi is very easy. Add all the ingredients to a blender or a mixer jar and blend it to a smooth puree. Serve it immediately.
Very often we get confused while buying any kitchen appliance. If you are looking out to buy a blender, you can go through this excellent article written by my friend Susan Conley about how to select the best blender.
banana lassi recipe
preparation time: 5 minutes
recipe type: beverage
equipment used: mixer grinder
- curd or yogurt – 1 cup
- water – 1/4 cup
- banana – 2
- sugar – 3 – 4 teaspoons
- cardamom powder or elaichi powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- ice cubes – few
- dry fruits – for garnishing
how to make banana lassi recipe
1. Add curd or yogurt, milk, chopped banana, sugar, ice cubes and cardamom powder to a mixer jar or a blender.
2. Blend it to a smooth puree.
3. If you feel that the lassi is thick, add water to get the required consistency.
4. Pour into serving glasses, garnish with chopped dry fruits.
5. lassi is ready.