Baked potato wedges recipe – is a wonderful appetizer and a healthy alternative to french fries. But potato wedges are one such snack which we often end up buying from restaurants. Making potato wedges is very easy and can be made at home. Today, I am sharing baked potato wedges recipe. My mom usually deep fries the potatoes while making potato wedges but I prefer a less oily version of it. The main ingredients used for making potato wedges are potatoes, oil, pepper, herbs and salt. But here I have added some Indian seasonings and made Indian style potato wedges. Recently, I have been sharing few easy snack recipes and then I got a request for how to make baked potato wedges. Though I have added chaat masala and red chili flakes, it is optional. Potato wedges taste great with salt and pepper.
BAKED POTATO WEDGES RECIPE – HOW TO MAKE POTATO WEDGES
Baked potato wedges – Ingredients
- potato – 3 – 4
- olive oil – 2 tablespoons
- red chili flakes – 1/2 teaspoon
- pepper powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- mixed herbs – 1 teaspoon
- chaat masala powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- garlic – 2 cloves crushed (optional)
- salt – to taste
- oil – for deep frying
How to make baked potato wedges
1. Wash potatoes well and pat dry using a kitchen towel.
2. Slice each potato into half, then cut each half into 4 equal sized wedges. (This is very important, otherwise, they will not cook uniformly. )
3. Add potato pieces into a bowl. Add red chili flakes, mixed herbs, chaat masala powder, pepper powder, crushed garlic, olive oil and salt. Mix well.
4. Preheat oven at 180 degree centigrade. Line a baking sheet and brush it with oil to avoid potatoes from sticking to it.
5. Place the potatoes over the plate. Leave a little distance between each potato piece.
6. Bake this for 15 minutes on middle rack. Then take it out, flip each potato piece to the other side and bake again for another 15 minutes or until potatoes are done.
7. Crunchy potato wedges are ready. Serve potato wedges with sour cream or with tomato sauce.
Hope this post was useful. Do leave your comments, views and suggestions in the box given below.
Enjoy cooking and serving