I have read that bajra is good for health and sincerely want to learn a lot healthy cooking options with bajra. The bajra ladoo will not be as soft as the rava ladoo or the besan ladoo which I have given earlier. This will be a bit hard when cool. But if you are having it as and when it is made, it will be soft.
Method of making bajra ladoo is the same as that of besan ladoo. Roast the bajra flour, mix ghee to it, add scraped jaggery mix well and make ladoos. You can also check out other bajra recipes here like kambu pongal, kambu soya dosa and so on and also other millet recipes like samai / chama idli, barley idiyappam and so on.
|Pearl millet / bajra||1 1/2 cup|
|Jaggery (syrup)||3/4 cup|
1. In a pan heat ghee, add cashewnuts and roast them till they change colour. Take them and keep them separately.
2. In the same pan add the bajra flour and roast it for some time.
3. Then add melted ghee and the mix everything well. You can see how it looks.
4. Then add the jaggery syrup and again combine everything well for some time.
5. Add fried cashews and cardamom powder. Combine everything .
6. Allow everything to cool. Then make small ladoos out of that. (Once cooled, you will feel that it is very dry. But slightly press the content with your fingers and then you will find that it is soft and then you can make ladoos out of that.
Other similar recipes:
If you find this post useful, please share it with your friends in google+, facebook or twitter. All you have to do is click the corresponding button given below. This will keep me motivated.
enjoy cooking and serving