bajji molaga baby potato fry – a tasty and easy to make side dish for rice made with bajji molaga or the mirchi or chili and baby potato.
bajji molaga or milagai are the long green chilies which are often used for making bajji. bhajji molaga baby potato fry is made by shallow frying cooked baby potatoes with bhajji molaga. The bhajji molaga is as such very spicy and hence this recipes does not need any special masala. You can serve them as a side dish for rice or as an appetizer. To make it as an appetizer you may add besan flour and rice flour so that they would be crispy.
mirchi bajji which is made with bajji molaga is a very popular Indian food. The bajji molaga is also used for preparing mirchi ka salan which is a very popular curry recipe from Hyderabad. This bajji molaga baby potato fry is a unique combination of bajji molaga and baby potato.
Let us see how to make bajji molaga baby potato fry recipe.
bajji molaga baby potato fry
- baby potatoes – 25o grams
- bajji milagai or bajji chili – 5
- turmeric powder – 1 teaspoon
- garlic cloves – 4
- curry leaves – few
- oil – 1 tablespoon
- salt – to taste
- mustard seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- hing or asafoetida powder – a pinch
how to make bajji molaga baby potato fry recipe
1.To make bajji molaga baby potato fry, first finely chop garlic. Cut the bajji molaga into big chunks. Keep aside.
2. Pressure cook baby potatoes for 2 – 3 whistles or until they get cooked well. Wait till the pressure subsides. Then peel the skin, and keep aside.
3. Heat oil in a non-stick pan. When the oil is hot enough, splutter mustard seeds. Add garlic and saute well till they become light brown in color and the raw smell goes off completely. Add curry leaves and saute for a few seconds.
4. Add chunks of bajji molaga and saute for 1 minute.
5. Add baby potatoes, salt, turmeric powder and saute well. If you are making an appetizer, then add 2 teaspoons of besan or gram flour at this stage. If you are adding besan, saute in a low flame until the besan gets roasted well, otherwise, there will be a raw smell of besan which will ruin the taste.
6. Mix them well. Saute on medium flame and cook until they turn crispy. Mix gently otherwise the potatoes will break.
7. Serve hot as a side dish with rice.