badusha recipe | balushahi – This is another sweet of southern India, which are just delicious. Crispy dumplings, fried and then dipped in sugar syrup.
badusha recipe | balushahi
- maida or all purpose flour – 1 and 1/2 cups
- sugar – 1/2 teaspoon
- curd – 1 and 1/2 teaspoon
- ghee – 1/4 cup
- oil – 1/8 cup
- baking soda – 2 pinches
- water – 1/4 cup
- oil – for deep frying
for sugar syrup
- sugar – 1 cup
- water – 1/2 cup
- cardamom – 2, crushed
- lemon juice – 1/2 teaspoon
how to make badusha recipe
1. In a bowl, add ghee, oil, curd, sugar, baking soda and mix well to form a paste.
2. To this add in flour, water. Knead it to a medium soft dough.
3. Cover and leave the dough to rest for 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, let us make sugar syrup for badusha. Add sugar and water to a bowl. Cook till the syrup reaches one string consistency. Now add lemon juice, cardamom powder to it. Stir and then turn off the flame.
5. Now take the dough, knead it once more. Divide the dough into 12 lemon sized balls.
6. Slightly flatten the balls, pinch the edge of each ball, bringing inside to form the badusha.
7. Heat oil in a pan. Drop a pinch of dough into the hot oil. It should bubble and rise to the top immediately. That is the right consistency. Gently, slide the prepared badushas into the hot oil. Don’t overcrowd. Just add two or three badushas depending on the oil used. Turn off the flame. Let it get cooked in the preheated oil. When it stops bubbling, then turn on the flame, flip and cook on both the sides in a low-medium flame.
8. Remove them from hot oil using a slotted spoon, and place them on a kitchen towel to drain excess oil.
9. Immediately, immerse them into the sugar syrup. Keep them immersed in the sugar syrup for 2 minutes. Then transfer it to a plate.
10. badusha is ready.