BABY CORN MASALA
Baby Corn Masala Curry Recipe – Ingredients
- baby corn – 7 – 8
- capsicum – 1(medium )
- chili powder – 1 teaspoon
- coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
- garam masala powder – 3/4 teaspoon
- cashew nuts – 10 – 12
- oil – 2 – 3 tablespoon
- salt – to taste
- bay leaf – 1
- water – as required
- coriander leaves – 2 tablespoon (finely chopped)
- kasuri methi – 1/2 – 3/4 teaspoon
- cream – 1 – 2 tablespoon (optional)
For tempering and grinding
- cardamom (black) – 1
- cardamom (green) – 1
- cinnamon – 1 inc piece
- clove – 1
- fennel seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- pepper corns – 5 – 6
- melon seeds – 2 tablespoon
- onion – 2
- tomato – 2
- green chili – 2
- ginger garlic paste – 1 1/2 teaspoon
How To Make Baby Corn Masala Gravy
1. Wash and soak cashews in hot water for 10 minutes.
2. Remove the outer layers, wash and cut baby corn in desired shape. Wash and chop capsicum into pieces. Keep aside.
3. In a pan or kadai, add 1 tablespoon of oil, add cardamom (black and green), cinnamon, clove and fennel seeds, saute for few seconds. Add onion and saute till it becomes translucent. Then add ginger garlic paste, green chili, saute till the raw smell goes off. Add tomatoes and saute well.
4. Leave it aside for cooling. Then add cashews to it and grind well. (I had cashew paste ready with me, so I didn’t add it along with this)
5. In the same pan, add oil or ghee and add the bay leaf. Next add onion tomato paste, salt and saute them till the raw smell goes off.
6. Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder and garam masala, saute well till the raw smell goes off and oil starts separating. Then add the cashew paste and mix well. (If you have already added cashews while grinding, then omit this step. )
7. Add baby corn and capsicum pieces and saute well. Let the masala get coated well in the veggies.
8. Now add water and wait till it starts boiling. Reduce the flame, cover and cook till the baby corn pieces get cooked well and gravy reaches a medium consistency. (This will take around 20 minutes. )
9. Crush kasuri methi between your palms and add them to the curry.
10. Finally add coriander leaves, mix it and turn off the flame.
12. Serve baby corn masala with naan, roti, chapati or with jeera rice.
Hope this post was useful. Do leave your views, suggestions and comments in the box given below.
Enjoy cooking and serving