|ash gourd||1 1/2 cup|
|beans , long beans||1 cup|
|mango (optional)||4 -5 pieces|
|yam / chena||1/4 cup|
|curry leaves||2 sprigs|
|coconut oil||1 tablespoon|
|jeera / cumin seeds||1/2 teaspoon|
1. Wash and chop all the vegetables into 1 inch long pieces. Chop raw banana and keep it immersed in turmeric water to remove the stains.
2. Heat coconut oil in a pan. Add all the chopped vegetables, salt, turmeric powder, slit green chilly and mix well. Add 1/2 cup of water, mix well and bring it to boil. Once it starts boiling, reduce the flame, cover with a lid and let it cook in medium flame. Keep stirring gently in between to avoid sticking to the bottom. (Don’t mash the veggies)
3. Mean while, add all the ingredients given under “for grinding” in a mixer jar, and crush it. Coarsely grind it, without adding water.
4. Once the vegetables are cooked well, add the ground coconut mixture, and mix it gently. Once the contents are mixed well, turn off the stove.
5. Remove it from stove, and add curd, quickly mix well. Then add curry leaves and add coconut oil on top, mix gently.
6. Cover and keep it aside for some time so that the flavor get locked inside the dish.
7. Serve with rice.
If you find this post useful, I would be happy if you can share it with your friends in google+, facebook or twitter. All you have to do is click the corresponding button given below. This will keep me motivated.
Enjoy cooking and serving