|avarakka / green hyacinth beans||1/4 kilogram|
|turmeric powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|coconut (scraped)||2 tablespoon|
|coconut oil||2 teaspoon|
|mustard seeds||1 teaspoon|
|urud dal (split)||1 1/2 teaspoon|
2. In a pan heat oil, splutter mustard seeds. Once they splutter, add urud dal and saute it again.
3. Now add curry leaves, give it a stir and then add the chopped beans. Stir fry the beans for a couple of minutes.
4. Now add water, turmeric powder . Wait till it starts boiling.
5. Reduce the flame to low and cover the pan with a lid. Allow the beans to get cooked and till the entire water goes off.
6. Meanwhile, coarsely grind the grated coconut and the green chillies in mixer and keep it aside.
7. Once the beans is cooked, then turn off the stove and add the ground mixture to this and combine everything nicely.
8. Serve it with hot stamig rice and sambar.
linking to jagruti’s potluck party
If you find this post useful, please share it with your friends in google+, facebook or twitter. All you have to do is click the corresponding button given below. This will keep me motivated.
Enjoy cooking and serving