Today’s recipe is an easy to make healthy ladoo which is made with aval – aval ladoo. This can be served for kids and grownups. Usually, I make this and send it along with my daughter’s snackbox or also as an evening snack / nalumani palaharam. You can also make this with powdered sugar, but as I have already, discussed, jaggery is always better than sugar. It is always better to give sweets with jaggery to kids rather than with sugar. So I have made aval ladoo with jaggery. Do try this you will surely love it. Now to the recipe…
|aval / beaten rice||2 cups|
|Jaggery / sharkara / vellam||1 cup (powdered)|
|grated coconut||1 cup|
|nuts (coarsely powdered)||4 tablespoon|
|cardamom powder / elaichi powder||1/4 teaspoon|
1. Coarsely powder aval and keep it aside. Coarsely powder nuts and keep it aside. Powder jaggery and keep it aside.
2. In a pan heat ghee, add grated coconut, saute it for a few minutes.
3. Now add ground aval and mix well. Next add powdered nuts and elaichi powder and mix well.
4. Now add powdered jaggery, mix it nicely. Turn off the gas, allow it to cool.
5. Once the mixture is cooled, mix well once more with your hands.
6. Grease your hands with ghee and make ladoos out of it.
7. Ladoo is ready and serve it to your loved ones.
If you find this post useful, I would be extremely happy, if you can share it with your friends in google+, facebook or twitter. All you have to do is click the corresponding button given below. This will keep me motivated.
Enjoy cooking and serving