apple roses recipe with homemade puff pastry sheets (eggless) – a tasty and easy to make snack recipe.
Apple Roses Recipe With Homemade Puff Pastry Sheets (Eggless) are the delicious baked and attractive edible roses made with apple and homemade puff pastry sheets. The name looks a bit complicated, but the method of preparation is very easy.
To make apple roses, you can make use of homemade puff pastry sheets or store bought puff pastry sheets. Here, homemade puff pastry sheets are used.
The method of preparing apple roses can be divided into three steps. First, making the puff pastry sheets, seconds, second, arranging everything together and the third baking them to make a delicious snack.
These delectable and wonderful apple roses are more eye-appealing with dusted sugar and cinnamon, while adding amazing taste! This recipe is a must try for your loved ones on any day you feel like letting them know.
Serve apple roses with homemade puff pastry sheets (eggless) during tea time or as an off-tradition dessert after a pasta lunch.
apple roses with homemade puff pastry sheet recipe
preparation time: 15 minutes
cooking time: 45 minutes
recipe type: dessert
serves: 2 – 3
to make puff pastry dough
- all-purpose flour – 1 cup
- butter – 75 grams (at room temperature)
- saffron – a pinch
- cinnamon powder – 1 teaspoon
- castor sugar – 2 tablespoons
- water – 3 tablespoons
to make apple roses
- apple – 1 medium sized, cut into very thin slices
- lemon juice – 1 tablespoon
- water – 1 glass
- butter – 40 grams (to brush)
- castor sugar – 3 tablespoons (to garnish)
- cinnamon powder – 2 teaspoons (to garnish)
how to make apple roses with homemade puff pastry sheet
1.To prepare apple roses with homemade puff pastry sheets, the first step is to prepare the puff pastry dough.
2. In a bowl, add butter at room temperature and mix well with a fork. To this add saffron, castor sugar and cinnamon powder in a bowl and keep aside.
3. Add all purpose flour into a mixing bowl. Add water little by little and mix well to make a smooth tight dough. Cover and keep it aside.
4. Now let us start preparing apple roses. Cut apple into thin slices. Add the sliced apples to a bowl, sprinkle lemon and water into a glass or ceramic microwave-safe bowl and microwave it on medium for 4 minutes or until cooked.
5. To soften the apple slices while making the roses, cool the apple slices to room temperature.
6. Next step, roll out the dough to make a long rectangular sheet and cut strips of 8-inch long and about less than an inch wide.
9. Apply butter and sugar-cinnamon powder on it.
10. On the upper half of the strip, arrange the apple slices side by side to make half of the sheet overlapped with arranged apple slices.
11. Now fold the bottom part of the sheet once.
12. Apply more butter and sugar-cinnamon powder on it.
13. Now roll the sheet with arranged apple slices gently to make a beautiful rose.
14. Repeat the process to make other eggless apple roses.
15. Preheat oven at 200-degree centigrade for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, repeat the process of making the other apple roses.
16. Arrange the prepared apple roses on a parchment paper lined on a baking sheet and bake for 30 – 35 minutes or until the edges become brownish and crisp.
17. Serve these delicious apple roses with cinnamon-sugar sprinkled on them. It can be served as a tea time snack with hot tea.