apple crumble recipe – a tasty dessert made with sweet warm apples. apple crumble tastes great when had with custard.
This is a simple apple crumble recipe which is perfect for cold climate.
Crumble is a dish from the British Origin, the main ingredients used in the dish is flour, butter, and sugar. It can be made both as a sweet version and as a savory version. The savory version calls for meat whereas the sweet version calls for fruits. However among that the most common one is the apple crumble.
apple became popular during the second world war as there was a shortage of pastry crust. So this was used as an alternate for pies.
apple crumble recipe
preparation time: 15 minutes
baking time: 15 minutes
recipe type: dessert
- apple – 2
- all-purpose flour or maida – 1/3 cup
- butter – 1/4 cup
- baking powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- sugar – 1/4 cup
- cornflakes – 1/3 cup
- nuts – 1/4 cup
- corn flour – 2 tablespoons
- salt – a pinch
how to make apple crumble recipe
1. To make apple crumble, add all-purpose flour, baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl. Mix well. To this add ice cold butter cubes, break it down with the help of your hand and mix it well with the flour and the mixture will resemble a crumble.
2. Next, add in cornflakes, mix well and then add in cinnamon powder and sugar. I used brown sugar.
3. Mix well and then add in the chopped nuts and give it a quick mix. The crumb is now ready. Refrigerate the mix until we prepare the base.
4. Grease a baking pan with butter generously and keep aside. Chop the apples into small pieces and add it to the prepared baking pan. Now add in corn flour and sugar.
5. Give a quick toss such the mixture gets coated well with the apple. Now top the apple with the prepared crumb mixture and cover fully. Preheat the oven at 180-degree centigrade and then bake at 180-degree centigrade for about 25 – 30 minutes or until the crust becomes golden in color.
6. apple crumble is ready.