|cheera / red spinach||1 bunch (or 5 cups chopped)|
|mustard seeds||1/2 teaspoon|
|turmeric powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|red chilly powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|shallots||4 – 5|
|coconut (fresh grated)||1 cup|
1. Clean the bunch of spinach four to five times under clear running water and remove the weeds if any.
2. Chop it finely.
3. In a pan heat oil, splutter mustard seeds. Now add dry red chilly, curry leaves, and saute for a second.
4. Then add chopped spinach, turmeric powder, red chilly powder, and salt. Saute well.
5. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, coarsely grind shallots, green chilly, coconut and garlic without adding water.
7. Once the spinach is cooked well, add the ground coconut mixture, saute till the entire water gets absorbed completely.
8. Serve with rice.
1. Don’t over cook amaranth leaves or else it will loose color and become greenish and the nutrients will be lost.
If you find this post useful, I would be happy if you can share it with your friends in google+, facebook or twitter. All you have to do is click the corresponding button given below. This will keep me motivated.
Enjoy cooking and serving