aloo simla mirch ki sabzi recipe | aloo capsicum sabzi – a tasty and easy to make side dish for chapati with potato and capsicum.
Making tasty and healthy side dishes everyday can be difficult sometimes and here I am sharing simple side dish recipes which can be made easily at home and in no time. These side dishes can be packed in lunch box, made for quick dinner or for lunch.
Coming to aloo simla mirch ki sabzi, it is very easy to make with readily available ingredients at home. aloo capsicum sabzi can be served along with phulka or chapati, raita.
aloo simla mirch ki sabzi
preparation time: 10 minutes
cooking time: 15 minutes
recipe type: side dish
equipment used: heavy bottomed pan
- aloo or potato – 2
- capsicum – 1, small
- oil – 1 tablespoon
- mustard seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- cumin seeds or jeera – 1/2 teaspoon
- hing or asafetida powder – a pinch
- onion – 1, finely chopped
- ginger – 1-inch piece, finely chopped
- turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Kashmiri red chili powder – 1/2 teaspoon
how to make aloo simla mirch ki sabzi recipe – aloo capsicum sabzi
1. To make aloo capsicum sabzi, wash and pressure cook potatoes for 3 to 4 whistles or until they get cooked well. Wait till the pressure subsides. Allow it to cool. Peel off the skin, cut into cubes and keep aside.
2. To start making aloo capsicum sabzi, heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan. When the oil is hot enough, splutter mustard seeds. Add cumin seeds, and let it sizzle.
3. Add finely chopped onion, ginger, hing and saute till onion turns light brownish in color.
4. Add capsicum and saute again for a few more minutes till capsicum turns tender.
5. Now, add diced potato, turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala and salt. Keep stirring until everything gets mixed well and the masala gets coated well on the potato. This will take about 5 minutes.
6. Turn off the flame. Add coriander leaves, mix well. aloo simla mirch ki sabzi is ready.
7. aloo capsicum sabzi can be packed into a lunch box along with phulka or chapati and raita. It can also be served for a weekday dinner with phulka and gujrati kadhi.