Aloo patta gobi subzi – is a dry vegetarian sidedish for chapathi made with cabbage and potatoes. It is an easy to make sidedish for chapathi. At home, we usually make chapathi / roti for dinner and today, I made this dry cabbage aloo subzi. It is very mildly spiced dish and can be served along with rice also. This cabbage and potato curry is a famous combination of North India. In this recipe, I haven’t used tomatoes, but you can also add tomatoes to make it. Cabbage is low in calorie and rich in nutrients, but most of the time disliked by kids. But the addition of potatoes give a nice twist to the dish and it tastes great..
Other similar recipes:
|cabbage (chopped)||2 cups|
|potato (cubed)||1 (medium)|
|onion (finely chopped)||1 (medium)|
|turmeric powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|chilly powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|coriander powder||1 teaspoon|
|salt||to taste (i used between 1/2 – 3/4 tsp|
|cumin seeds||1 teaspoon|
|ginger (chopped)||1 small piece|
|garam masala||1/4 teaspoon|
|hing / asafoetida powder||one pinch|
|coriander leaves||1 tablespoon (finely chopped)|
1. Chop potatoes and immerse it in water to avoid discoloration.
2. Heat oil in a pan. When hot enough, add cumin seeds.
3. When cumin starts sizzling, add hing, followed by ginger garlic, green chilly, onion and saute till it becomes golden brown.
4. Now add red chilly powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and saute well.
5. Now add potato, cabbage and salt. Mix well. Stir nicely.
6. Add two tablespoons of water, cover and cook for 7 – 8 minutes on low flame.
7. Open the lid and check whether potatoes are cooked well. If not, cover and cook for another 5 minutes in low flame.
8. Open the lid, add dry mango powder, finely chopped coriander leaves and stir it once more in high flame.
9. Serve with chapathi.
If you find this post useful, I would be happy if you can share it with your friends in google+, facebook or twitter. All you have to do is click the corresponding button given below. This will keep me motivated.
Enjoy cooking and serving