aloo bhujia recipe
- gram flour or besan – 1 cup
- potatoes – 2 medium, boiled
- turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- kashmiri red chili powder – 1 teaspoon
- garam masala – 1/4 teaspoon
- amchur powder or dry mango powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- dried mint leaves powder –
- asafoetida powder or hing – one generous pinch
- salt – to taste
- oil – for deep frying
how to make aloo bhujia recipe with step by step photos
1. Boil potatoes in an open pan or pressure cook it with enough water for 3 to 4 whistles or till it becomes soft. Allow it to cool.
2. Once cooled, peel the skin and grate the potatoes. Mash it well without lumps. Keep aside.
3. In a wide mouthed bowl, mix together, gram flour, grated potato, garam masala, red chili powder, turmeric powder, amchur powder, mint leaves powder, asafoetida, and salt.
4. Knead everything together and make a soft dough. If necessary, add a little water and knead. Add 1 teaspoon of oil to the dough, knead it once more and leave it aside covered for 10 – 15 minutes.
5. Heat oil in a pan.
6. Take a murukku press, place the sev plate with holes into it. Add the dough into the murukku press and start pressing the dough into the oil in circles. Don’t over crowd. Fry them on a medium flame. Cook for some time and flip it to the other side. This gets cooked very fast, so take it out as soon as it is done.
7. When the bubbles subside, take it out of oil and drain it in absorbent paper.
8. Allow it to cool and then store it in an airtight container. aloo bhujia is ready.
aloo bhujia recipe card below