Aloo bhindi fry is an easy to make subzi which makes use of bhindi and aloo. This recipe needs aloo and bhindi to be fried separately and then the other spice powders are added to it. This is an extremely tasty and easy to make subzi which goes well with jeera rice or roti. I served it with plain rice which tasted awesome and kids liked it a lot. Now to the recipe..
aloo bhindi fry recipe
|lady’s finger||15 – 20 / 250 gms|
|red chilli powder||3/4 teaspoon|
|amchur powder / dry mango powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|cumin seed powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|garam masala powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|coriander powder||1 teaspoon|
|turmeric powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|coriander leaves (chopped)||few|
how to make aloo bhindi fry recipe with step by step photos
1. Clean and chop lady’s finger into bite size pieces
2. In a pan heat 1 teaspoon of oil, add lady’s finger and little salt, saute it so that the stickiness goes off.
3. Also chop potatoes into small cubes, wash them and keep them aside.
4. Chop the onion finely. Heat oil in a pan, add finely chopped onion and saute till transparent. Add cubed potatoes and sprinkle little salt over it. Mix it well. Cook for 4 – 5 minutes.
5. Now add the sauteed lady’s finger. Add more oil if needed. Adjust the salt as required.
6. Now add all the dry masala powders. Toss and mix very well to get a nicely cooked bhindi fry.
8. Sprinkle coriander leaves on top give a quick stir and aloo bhindi fry is ready.
9. This can be served with jeera rice, dal fry or roti.