aloo amritsari recipe – a popular recipe from Punjabi cuisine.
aloo amritsari is a popular dish from Punjabi cuisine which can be served with naan, chapati, roti and poori.
aloo amritsari recipe
- potato – 2, medium sized
- onion – 1, grated
- ginger garlic paste – 2 teaspoons
- green chili – 1, slit
- hing or asafetida powder – a pinch
- besan or gram flour – 1/4 cup
- turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- red chili powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
- carom seeds or ajwain – 1/2 teaspoon
- amchoor powder or dry mango powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- garam masala – 1 teaspoon
- ghee – 2 tablespoons
- salt – to taste
- coriander leaves – few
- water – as required
how to make aloo amritsari recipe with step by step photos
1. Add besan, ginger garlic paste, coriander powder, garam masala, carom seeds and salt to a bowl.
2. Add water little by little and make a thin paste. Add 1/2 teaspoon of oil and mix well.
3. Add the sliced potato pieces to this, mix well. Marinate for 10 minutes.
4. Heat oil in a pan. When the oil is hot enough, fry the potato pieces on both the sides till they turn golden. Place them on an absorbent sheet to drain excess oil.
5. Heat ghee in a pan. When the ghee is hot enough, add onion, ginger garlic paste, green chili, hing and saute till the raw smell of ginger garlic goes off completely.
6. Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, amchur powder, salt and mix well.
7. Add fried potato pieces and toss well. Simmer and cook for 5 to 6 minutes.
8. Garnish with coriander leaves.
9. aloo amritsari is ready. Serve with chapati, roti, poori.