ajwain ke paratha recipe
- whole wheat flour – 3 cups
- ajwain or carom seeds – 1 tablespoon
- red chili powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- curd or yogurt – 2 tablespoons
- salt – 1/2 teaspoon
- water – as required
- oil or ghee – as required
how to make ajwain paratha recipe with step by step photos
1. Take flour, salt, curd, ajwain in a bowl, mix it till you get crumbly mixture. Now add water little by little, to make a soft dough, apply some oil, cover it and leave it for half an hour. Divide it into equal sized balls.
2. Dust it with flour, first roll it into a small circle, then apply little oil and flour, and fold 1/3of roti from each side making 2 folds and again apply oil, fold it again to make a square.
3. Dust it with flour, roll it into square parathas.
4. Repeat the same steps with the rest of the balls.
5. Heat griddle, place parathas, cook for 1 minute until small bubbles start to appear. Flip parathas apply ghee/ oil.
6. Fliip again apply ghee/oil on the other side. Make sure both sides are cooked well and small brown patches appear.
7. You can serve it with any side dish or raita or pickle.