Sometimes, the idea of chopping another onion, or mincing a few more pieces of ginger and garlic makes you not want to cook, and you wish to get a kitchen tool to help you out. Yes, I am talking about a mini food chopper!!
Any product that is capable of cutting, chopping and preserving the quality of food can be called as a food chopper. But often it is very difficult to find all the functions of cutting, grinding, powdering in a single machine. And I found all these in Preethi turbo chop which I am using for the past one year.
As a busy mom, I need help in the kitchen and I often depend on kitchen appliances to save time. Last year, when I got a Preethi turbo chop, life became more easier. Slowly, this chopper became one of the most-used kitchen appliances at home.
This food chopper or Preethi turbo chopper as it is called can handle several functions. You will be able to cut vegetables, grind chutney, make dry chutney powders. You can also make sorbets and ice creams using this mini turbo chopper.
I am not going to compare this equipment with other food choppers in the market, but I have been using it for the past one year and I should say it is a time saving equipment. It is best suited for people who want to spend less time in the kitchen to get their work done in minutes.
I am using Preethi turbo chop conveniently, reducing my stay in the kitchen. Being a busy mom, it often becomes difficult to get breakfast, lunch, snack box ready on time during hectic morning hours. After using Preethi turbo chop, the work in the kitchen gets done in minutes, and hence I have mentioned it in the title – One kitchen gadget every busy cook needs to own. Nowadays, I have started making more of lunch thalis as most of you might have seen in my Instagram posts as most of the cutting, chopping and grinding is done by my all-in-one machine.
Preethi turbo chop is sleek, light weighted, and helps you whip up thick smoothies, salsa, pesto, chutney, and everyday foods you need. This kitchen appliance chops anything from meat, nuts, vegetables and herbs.
Preethi turbo chop comes with a turbo unit and one user manual. This turbo unit consists of 4 main parts.
- a transparent 0.7 litre bowl made with SAN material and designed with ABS which makes it shock proof
- a stainless steel blade
- a lid
- a 450W powerful motor
And the most important part is that it comes with a one-touch operation.
Assembling this gadget is also very easy: container at the bottom, blade sits on a rod at the center of the container, the lid on the top, and the motor fits neatly on the top of the lid.
This handy kitchen appliance which can chop anything from from onion, herbs, carrot beetroot, tomatoes, make ginger garlic paste, mince meat, grind nuts and many more. Just a slight press from the top and wow it is done.
If you are torn between getting a full-sized food processor or a smaller cheaper mini chopper, here are few reasons to start with the mini food chopper. A full-sized food processor is a dream, mine too, but there are so many ways a mini chopper can be even more useful. Let us count them.
1.It takes up less space in a small kitchen
This is the first reason, I prefer my turbo chop. I like to keep my kitchen counter clean with few necessary items. Even in a small kitchen, it is pretty easy to find space for a mini chopper and it is light-weighted which you can move from one place to another easily.
2. I use it all the time
I use my turbo chop very often, at least two to three times a day. I use it often for the following tasks.
- Making chutney for breakfast. I often make peanut chutney, onion tomato chutney with my preethi turbo chop.
- Chopping onion, ginger for upma, sabzi, mezhukkupuratti, poriyal , momos, and others.
- Pureeing ginger, garlic and onion for curries like paneer butter masala
- To make dry chutney powders like idli podi, dry garlic chutney.
- To make simple desserts like thinai ladoo, peanut ladoo, choco biscuit balls
- To make small batches of vadai batter like masala vadai, kunukku
- To make summer drinks like cucumber mint lassi
Occasionally, I also use it to grind spices, and to make small amount of hummus. Whatever task it takes on is easier, quicker and often generates fewer dishes than alternative methods.
preethi turbo chop at just Rs. 1848/-
3. It is easier to clean
This mini chopper is small with a bowl, a blade and one ring. With less pieces, cleaning becomes easier and time saving.
4. It is less expensive
This mini food chopper is less expensive compared to food processors.
How to use preethi turbo chop
- Lift the upper cover which contains the motor.
- Place the container on the counter top.
- Now place the blade inside the blade holder inside the container.
- Chop the ingredients into two or three pieces, place them inside the container and evenly distribute them.
- Now place the lid on top of the container, the blade coming at the center.
- Now place the upper cover containing the motor on top. Connect the plug.
- Now press the top portion of the chopper. Continue pulsing until you get the desired result.
You might have a blender. Keep the blender, but try out a turbo chopper to make delicious restaurant style food at home without a fancy restaurant price tag. This is one equipment which I have been using and I would recommend for all.